P R I V A C Y P O L I C Y
P R I V A C Y & S A F E T Y
RAKAM (“WE/US/OUR”) ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
This policy (together with any privacy notice displayed on www.rakamjewellery.com (“our site”) or otherwise notified to you) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”) the data controller is Lord Image situated at C-50 Axis Mall Bhagwandas Road, C-Scheme Jaipur-302001. We will, in processing your data, comply with the GDPR and all other data protection and privacy laws applied in England from time to time.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or other electronic means, by telephone or by visiting our stores or attending our events. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services or searching for a product. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may, as well as other information, include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site, at our store or by other means, the fulfilment of your orders and any subsequent communications regarding your purchase.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Closed circuit television recordings within our stores for safety and security purposes.
To understand how we use these types of data, please see “How We Use Data About You” below.
We do not routinely collect any “special categories” of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If we need to process any such data for a particular purpose we will explain this to you at the time and will gain your consent to such processing.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse our customer base by aggregating such data into anonymised reports. We may report this aggregated information to our advertisers as statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, but this anonymised data does not identify any individual. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
HOW WE USE DATA ABOUT YOU
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so and relying on a relevant basis for lawful processing in each instance. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances, relying on the basis of processing indicated:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (contact details).
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (contact details, payment information and any information relating to personalisation or relationship status).
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and we have undertaken an assessment to determine that processing for those interests (listed below) does not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights, considering the nature and impact of the processing and any relevant safeguards we can put in place.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (online identifiers (including cookies), location data and other technical information).
• To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes to the extent consent is required by law) (contact details and any information relating to personalisation preferences or relationship status).
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (online identifiers(including cookies), location data and other technical information).
• To notify you about changes to our service (contact details).
• To maintain a basic amount of information about you and your purchase history, in order to provide you customer service tailored to your tastes and any special occasions/anniversaries of which we may be aware (contact details, payment history and any information relating to personalisation or relationship status).
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• To retain basic transaction details for the purpose of tax reporting (contact details and transaction history).
Where you have consented to the processing.
• To send you direct marketing communications via email or fax (contact details). You have the right to withdraw consent to any such use at any time by contacting us.
OTHER USES/TYPES OF DATA
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please contact us if you would like further details of any additional purposes of processing. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods). If this happens we may have to cancel any order you have placed to buy goods and we may be unable to offer any services.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to relatives, partners or other individuals it is your duty to make such persons aware that their personal data may be shared with us and to provide them with appropriate information about how their personal data may be processed by us.
As indicated above, we may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or enquiry.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box on the form. If you are a new customer, or where we permit named third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We have put in place appropriate security measures intended to prevent your personal data from being lost or from being altered, disclosed, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features designed to prevent unauthorised access.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will also keep a record of your name and email address on our suppression list if you request that we do not send you direct marketing. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, whilst we retain transaction details only for so long as legally required, we may retain certain basic details on a longer term basis to ensure we can offer you a consistent level of customer service tailored to your preferences when you start thinking about your next investment. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available on request. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
We may sometimes anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the security of these websites. Please check the relevant policy before you submit any personal data to these websites.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• Where we use third party service providers to assist with order fulfilment or otherwise to provide support services.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
• If Rakam or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or, where purchases are made over the counter, in hard copy at our stores until electronic records can be made (when hard copies will then be securely destroyed). Any online payment transactions will be encrypted and carried out through our appointed agent through a secure site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site on a secure basis, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The data that we process about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) where our third party service providers (or any other third party recipients of data mentioned above) are operating outside the EEA. Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and/or other support services necessary to our provision of goods or services.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, as summarised below.
You have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
3. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (of our own or of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
5. Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive - alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer or device.
There are some cookies that are essential to the functionality of our site, allowing you to: purchase products successfully, navigate to the correct page and save personal preferences. Some of these cookies are essential to our performing a contract with you, otherwise we have a legitimate interest in placing the cookies to improve the user experience by ensuring the website operates efficiently and remembers certain basic information for future visits
“Analytical” cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. These cookies also allow us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• store information about your preferences and products you viewed or searched for, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests;
• speed up your searches;
• recognise you when you return to our site;
• record page response times, length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page;
• help us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
• allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient, for example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket between visits.
The above list is not exhaustive.
Except for essential functional cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.
Credit / Debit Cards